Wednesday, February 14, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 6: Favorite Name


Week 6: Favorite Name

When I saw this prompt for the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge, I KNEW which name I would pick. I've always loved this name. It is the name of my great-great-grandmother who came from Prussia to the United States (Texas) in 1885. 

My family says this is her picture. 

Her name is Friederika Sophia Louise Trenckmann/Trenkman Ziegenfuss.

Friederika Sophia Louise Trenckmann/Trenkman Ziegenfuss
Born 3 Oct 1846 - Prussia, Died 5 Mar 1920-Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas


Friederika, known as "Freda" by her family, married Gottlieb Ziegenfuss (16 Aug 1820-Mutzel, Jerichower Land, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany - 20 JAN 1890-Tarrant County, Texas). 

Friederika's place of birth may be Hamberg (or Hamburg) according to her children. Her marriage date (and place) to Gottlieb Ziegenfuss is before 1869 when their oldest (assumed) child was born. And her parents' names are still a mystery to our family. 

More about her can be found on my old blog Vintage Gal's Genealogy. 

Loving her name, though, and one day hoping to find information on the people who named her. 

Revix 








No comments:

Post a Comment