Sunday, October 15, 2023

Reminiscing about old times

    A few mornings ago southwest Texas was seeing a little rain. It reminded me of days I'd spent many years ago in the Texas Hill country scrapbooking with friends. 

     Photos are what started my genealogy journey in 1996. My maternal grand-momie had lots of old family photos she'd been given after she'd lost everything in two house fires. 

     Many of the photos were labeled with names. THANK YOU, Grand-momie! Names of people I never heard of. 

     That's all I needed to start my scrapbooking and genealogy journey. I'm happy to say many of those un-named photos now have names. 

     I continued "scrapping" with my friends until about 10 years ago. I miss those days. Some friends have passed on. Some I see in my town. Some I stay in contact with through social media.

     Below is one of my favorite groups in Round Top, Texas in 2009. 


    Are you a scrapbooker-genealogist? Let me know if you scrapbook your genealogy journey.

    - Revis

No comments:

Post a Comment