Friday, July 6, 2018

Friday Faces From the Past - The Unknown Boys

The "Unknown Boys"  - that's what we call this picture we found among my Grandmomie's things after she died. Over the years, I've shown it to numerous family members at family reunions and other get-togethers from Texas to Mississippi.



What's interesting is that my Mother and her immediate family lost everything in two house fires. Everything. 

The pictures my maternal Grandmomie Stuart-Dennis had in her possession when she died had come from family and friends after the fires. She and my Grandfather Dennis divorced after my Mother married. Looking through the pictures, it was pretty obvious that none of the pictures were of my paternal Grandfather Dennis' family. And surprisingly, many pictures were marked with names. The few unmarked pictures have been hard to trace. I thought it would be easy since they must have been acquired by my Grandmomie Stuart-Dennis recently in time (post-fire). 

My family believes that these are pictures of some of the family (or maybe friends) of the Teel's or Stuart's of Fisher County, Texas.

The Teel's came to Texas by way of Oklahoma, Missouri, Iowa and Virginia and included the Ham's of Bibb County, Alabama and (Indian Territory) Oklahoma, Other surnames are Parker, Cassidy and Lawrence. 

The Stuart's came to Texas from Neshoba County, Mississippi, and included surnames Yates, Musgrove, Cooksey, Barber, Jones, Stainton/Stanton, Hester and more.

Here's cropped versions of the young men, who I assume are brothers, in the group picture.





If you have any ideas or think they might be from your family, please contact me.

 Revis

No comments:

Post a Comment